RoNA Rose Award
This award recognizes the best in category or series and shorter romance - novels that focus on the developing love affair between the hero and heroine. These stories are often published in an easily recognizable format, with several books of similar type and length being released on a regular schedule. Novellas and serials in magazines are also eligible.
The RoNA Rose award was formerly called 'Love Story of the Year' and comes with a special prize, the Betty Neels Rose Bowl, kindly donated by Harlequin Mills & Boon, which the winner holds for one year.
Although originally a separate award, in recent years, the ROSE has been incorporated into the RoNA Awards, acknowledging the popularity of this style of romantic novel, and its place in the romance genre. The winner of the RONA ROSE is selected using the same judging method as the other RoNA categories, and that book is then automatically placed on the shortlist for the Romantic Novel of the Year Award along with the winners of the other categories.
The rules are available for download at the bottom of this page.
For further information or to enter the award, please click here.
Previous winners of this award are:
- 2016: Doctor... To Duchess? by Annie O'Neil (Mills & Boon Medical Romance)
- 2015: Scandal’s Virgin by Louise Allen (Harlequin Mills & Boon Historical)
- 2014: Bound By A Baby by Kate Hardy (Harlequin Mills & Boon)
- 2013: Beneath the Major's Scars by Sarah Mallory (HMB Historical Regency)
- 2012: The Dangerous Lord Darrington by Sarah Mallory (HMB Historical Regency)
- 2011: The Piratical Miss Ravenhurst by Louise Allen (Harlequin Historicals)
- 2010: Animal Instincts by Nell Dixon (Little Black Dress)
- 2009: Mistress: Hired for the Billionaire’s Pleasure by India Grey (Harlequin Mills & Boon)
- 2008: Breakfast at Giovanni’s by Kate Hardy (Harlequin Mills & Boon)
- 2007: Marrying Max by Nell Dixon (DC Thomson)
- 2006: Contracted: Corporate Wife by Jessica Hart (Harlequin Mills & Boon)
- 2005: A Family of His Own by Liz Fielding (Harlequin Mills & Boon)
- 2004: A Damnable Rogue by Anne Herries (Harlequin Mills & Boon)
- 2003: Illusion by Julia Wild (Heartline)
Further information can be obtained by contacting the RoNA Rose Award Organiser.
Related files available for download: